Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Beginnings!

I finally decided to have a real go at this blogging thing. I don't find myself to be a rather interesting person, but I happen upon some interesting things from time to time. And when I do, I enjoy sharing them. So maybe this is what this blog will be about.

I woke up nine minutes before my alarm this morning after my first restless night of sleep in about a week. I was going to have breakfast with a friend, but due to our late night outing last night, he wasn't quite ready to have breakfast at 8am. Since I was already dressed, I decided to have a bite to eat anyway. The weather has been unseasonably warm the past week and the morning was starting off beautifully. I sat outside enjoying a sunrise bagel from MTcup and a cup of coffee. The village is so peaceful these early mornings before college students awake at the crack of noon. After finishing the bagel and still having thirty minutes before I had to work, I decided to walk around campus. It was really nice to just slow down and take in my surroundings. I noticed all of the budding trees and blooming flowers. So peaceful.

I don't think a lot of us take the time to just look and notice what is around us. I'm trying to do that more and more. It's difficult sometimes and I even have to say to myself slow down!

Well, since I like to share things, I'm going to share a picture. It kind of goes along with my slow down thoughts.

Day 92

I wore sandals for the first time this year. Some things I love about warm weather - sandals, bare feet, cool grass. This is the last patch of grass left near my apartment since the new landlord made a parking lot for us. I enjoy the parking, but I miss the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment